- The Agency was created. The first contracts for ESG consulting services were signed.
- The team building process started.
- A client received the first ESG rating with our assistance.
- The founder of the agency, Ekaterina Gerus, was included in the list of “People of Sustainable Development”.
- ESG Consulting became a member of the Managers Association.
- Several partnerships were formed:
- с with ESG-Media on joint promotion and popularization of the topic of sustainable development to a wide audience;
- with EnCM on energy optimization services for clients;
- with EcoPolis on assessment of carbon footprint.
- The ESG Consulting team was joined by an experienced Ecologist with an education in Chemistry and qualifications in improving utilization systems, wastewater treatment, green office organization and the modernization of a company reflecting environmental risks.
- Several partnerships were formed:
- The Agency team expanded.
- The Agency moved to a new office in the BusinessClub co-working area in Moscow City.
- РThe corporate website was updated to reflect the new services provided.
ESG Consulting is a team of people, united by a common mission, supporting UN Sustainable Development Goals and aiming to integrate them into the Russian business environment by making it more responsible and sustainable.
Under the brand of the Agency, we have gathered the best specialists, true professionals in their fields. We are proud not just of our work, but also of the people who do it.
The founder and the teamleader
For more than 15 years Katerina has been managing NGOs and banking projects, being responsible for operations and raising money for charitable initiatives and commercial projects.
From 2002 -2008 she worked in different investment banks and financial organisations in Russia, Germany, the Ukraine and the UK. Her employers included KPMG, Renaissance Capital and Financial Corporation URALSIB.
In 2009 Katerina moved to social business and since then has been managing NGOs, Endowment funds and social projects in Russia and Europe. From 2016-2020 Katerina was a COO of an international think tank based in Germany.
PR and Marketing Adviser
Since 2020, Olga has been a marketing and PR adviser at ESG Consulting. She conducts audits of communication strategies and prepares recommendations for improving the communication policy of companies that have started integrating ESG factors into their activities.
Olga has 16 years of experience in marketing and PR, which includes activities in public relations structures of government authorities, public and non-profit organizations, and consulting companies. In particular, she held the position of the press service head of NUST MISIS and was the public relations department head of the endowment fund ISTOKI.
In 2004, Olga graduated from the Faculty of Political Science of the Russian State Social University. In 2008, she defended her thesis and received a PhD in political sciences.
From 2017-2020, Olga took courses on SMM promotion and targeted advertising.
Chief Expert Energy consumption and
carbon footprint reduction
Vyacheslav Ivanov has more than 20-year experience in energy sector and finance. Apart from
his occupation as a partner and chief energy exert at ESG Consulting, Vyacheslav is also the
leader of AI-based energy saving project EnCM (www.encmglobal.com), aimed to reduce
energy costs and also carbon footprint for the clients.
Previously Viacheslav held senior positions in banking, oil and gas industries, was CFO of
Rosatom Overseas, CEO and board member of Urals Energy, was responsible for M&A and
development at URALSIB and Gaspromneft. Viacheslav graduated from Moscow Institute of
Radioelectronics and University of Toronto, holds MBA from University of Rochester.
Since 2021, Nina has been a leading environmental expert at ESG Consulting. She conducts environmental audits and provides recommendations for improving the activities of companies in ecology.
Nina’s 25-year experience includes work at OJSC RUSAL, the head of the waste disposal operator at LLC MKM-Logistics, and a manager and environmental expert at OJSC Karboglass, a company producing polycarbonate products.
In 1994, Nina graduated from the Chemistry Department of Moscow State University. In 2015, Nina also received MBA, completing the Russian-German program at the RANEPA.
Senior Expert in carbon footprint estimation
Mikhail has more than 10-year experience in carbon footprint estimation for coal mining, oil and gas industries. He participated in methodology development for carbon footprint estimation, including reporting for UNFCCC.
He worked as a Department Head at Yu. A. Izrael Institute of Global Climate and Ecology.
ESG and Green Bonds Expert
Since 2021, Gennady has supported the team in ESG transformation of clients and their preparation for green and social bonds issues.
Previously, Gennadiy worked on projects of the non-financial aspects’ assessment for PJSC Gazprom Neft and estimation of the green financial instruments’ attractiveness for JSC Rosselkhozbank.
Gennadiy is a graduate of Dostoevsky Omsk State University with a specialization in World Economy. In 2020, he graduated from a Double Degree Master’s Program between the Higher School of Economics in Moscow and Seoul National University in South Korea, majoring in Science, Technology and Innovation Management. Gennadiy has experience in academic research on green finances.